Thursday, September 16, 2010

August Visit From My Aunt & Mom - getting ready for baby!

Late August we were so lucky to have a visit from my aunt and mom. The did so much work helping me prepare for our little guy! They helped us get our crib put together, bookcase built and painted the baby's room. So exciting!! There is still a bit of decorating to do in the room - I'm going to hang some pictures, get one more little storage shelf etc, but here are some pictures of the current progress. (I think if you click them you can see them bigger)







They also threw me a great baby shower with my girlfriends here in Portland. Let me start with saying that I really was unsure about having a shower. I didn't have a wedding shower and I just feel funny being "in the spotlight". (It was nice to share my Wisconsin shower with Andrea!). But I let them convince me to do it and I'm SOOO glad. It ended up being one of the best days I've ever had. I was emotional all weekend and am just so thankful for the friendships I have made here in Portland. Here are a few photos from the shower.

with my Aunt - by the way I was 25.5 weeks at the shower

just chatting

Allison & Angie trying to free their babies in the "my water broke!" game. Allison was super competitive and won all three of the games - hilarious!
check out Parker snoozin' on the back of the chair - he wasn't so into the game ;)

Kara & Sarah

Michelle & Gayle


We also had a great time just running errands, picking up baby items and of course celebrating my 31st birthday!! (that's hard to believe - wow I'm getting old). Here are some pictures from the rest of the week.





No comments: