Tuesday, May 25, 2010

12 weeks

Wow! I can't believe I'm almost at the end of my first trimester. In all honesty everything is still so surreal. I can't help but wonder "is there really a baby in there?!" I know I haven't posted in awhile - this is sort of intentional because I don't want to "jinx" anything and also because there isn't that much to say. I've still avoided morning sickness for the most part. I've had about half a dozen moments of fleeting nausea in the last month - usually in the morning - brushing my teeth or driving into work. But it passes quickly and it's really more of an overall icky-ness than feeling pukey.

I still haven't told anyone at work though I think some of my colleagues can tell. :) I'm having to wear looser tops and have actually been asked outright if I'm pregnant by 2 people already, and a student asked me today out of the blue "Mrs. Schabow do you want to have a child or something?" "um, why yes I do...someday soon maybe..." ha ha! She wouldn't have asked that if she wasn't suspicious so I guess I'm not hiding it well, ha! I'm planning to come clean after my appointment this Thursday and I can't wait to finally be "out"!

Here are some fun baby facts for now, At 12 weeks:
  • the baby is the size of a PLUM
  • eyes and ears are in place
  • baby is able to swallow
  • fingernails are forming
  • most body structures are now formed and baby enters the "maintenance stage"
Pretty awesome, huh?!!

I head to the doctor on Thursday, so I'll update again then if there is any interesting news!

No comments: