Thursday, April 29, 2010

Peanut's First Pictures

Today might have been one of the best days of my life!! Steve and I headed to the ultrasound appointment and just before we got on the elevator to go in he said "I'm nervous. Are you nervous?" I said "very!". Then we bravely went in for our appointment full of firsts! The ultrasound lady promptly put goo on my belly and then we saw our little peanut!! He/she is just a little blob at this point (as big as a raspberry!), but it's amazing what they can see. I think I held my breath up until the point when the tech said "oh, there's a little heartbeat" WOO HOO!! BEST DAY EVER!!! Actually later the midwife told us the baby is "dancing in there" Little Peanut's heartbeat was 180 beats/min WOW! So cool and amazing. Everything feels much more real now. We promptly called my grandparents and aunt and uncle to tell them about our Christmas surprise. Today was a great day. Here are some of Peanut's first photos! You'll probably have to click the image to make it bigger.


No comments: