Thursday, October 28, 2010

34 week Dr. appointment update

Just a quick update for you all. I headed to see the midwife today for my 34 week check up. (I'll see her again at 36 weeks and then start going every week from there.) The baby's heartbeat is still looking good in the 140's but in the last two weeks he appears to have had a major growth spurt!

I'm actually measuring 36 weeks pregnant now but I'm technically only 34 weeks along. Two weeks ago I was measuring spot on at 32 weeks but since then the baby has apparently grown quite a bit. (This would also explain the shocking 6 pounds I've gained in the last two weeks alone!!) The midwife said we'll double check again when I go back in two weeks because things may level out.

We also found out today that baby has turned and is in position for birth, which is great! He's already got his head down and is ready to go - meaning he is not sideways or breech any longer.

So excited the countdown is on! Can't wait to meet our baby boy!

This weekend we are headed to meet our newest family member, Andrea & John's son, baby Charlie! Can't wait to snuggle him and see how the new mama and papa are doing!

No comments: