Monday, July 19, 2010

July visit from my family


My mom, dad and sister just came out to visit for a week and we had a great time! It was so nice to have them here and I immediately put them to work! (ha ha, but seriously I did!) I had them go shopping with us to give some input on cribs, rockers, strollers, dressers, etc. They were a great help and trekked all over town with us. Steve and I had narrowed things down a lot but my parent's input helped us finalize some decisions. It's really overwhelming how many decisions there are to be made when preparing for a baby. I've been researching a ton, but anyway... By the end of the week, I had ordered my crib and bought a dresser for the baby room from IKEA which my dad so lovingly assembled.

But we didn't just work! We played too of course! We spent 3 days at an awesome townhome visiting Mt. Hood. We hiked and visited Timberline lodge a few times for clam chowder & hot chocolate (it was cool up on the mountain!) and Ashley, Steve & my dad went white water rafting one day. The girls went for pedicures to celebrate Ashley's birthday. We had an awesome time and as always it was tough to say goodbye. Here is a link to some of our photos from the trip! Good times!

CLICK HERE TO LINK TO PICTURES

No comments: